lit lover book

reflections of an ever-evolving educator

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

overwhelmed

It's that time of year again, the time when I find myself on the verge of tears all day, the time when I wonder how any human is supposed to cope with all that's being demanded of me, the time when I think of summer and it seems 5 years instead of a mere 3 months away.

I keep asking myself why I'm still sponsoring yearbook. It's been a long time since I really enjoyed it. Probably not since 2000. That's a long time to sponsor something so demanding without having any real fun doing it.

I'm hoping next year will be different. I've already chosen my editor, a dedicated and responsible young woman who seems excited. I'm excited about having her in the position. I just hope it doesn't overwhelm her, since I kind of talked her into flying solo (co-editors just never really work--in my experience, somebody always gets screwed).

On top of all that, I'm swimming in paperwork and grading for my ninth lit classes. Wouldn't you know that I would choose right now to suddenly start pouring the work on them (and me)?

I need a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home