lit lover book

reflections of an ever-evolving educator

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

silenced

I've been silent here for quite some time. Ever since one of our teachers was arrested, I've vanished from the blogger scene. I had written a couple of posts detailing the idiocy that is educational bureacracy, but I took them off out of fear. Fear that I would suffer repercussions at work, that some overzealous reporter would find them, that I would end up paying a BIG price by exercising my right to free speech. And all that self censorship just killed it for me. So I quit writing.

Now I'm trying to get back. I want to go back to my original goal here, chronicling my teaching this year, recording my reflections on teaching practice. I've lost out on crucial things by taking such a long hiatus. I wish I hadn't done it. But, so it is.

So, what's up in my classroom?

I'm pushing through Romeo and Juliet right now at what feels like break-neck speed. It's not good. It's not inspiring. It's generally bad teaching. But I have to finish the play by the end of the semester, so it is what it is. At least they'll know the story and have some idea with regard to allusions to it in their later stories. There's not much more I can do at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home